- Created by Tim Jackson, last modified on Oct 26, 2019
This procedure guides users through resetting their Covenant Seminary account password. It is intended for both students and employees.
Initiate a password reset request
- Navigate to https://password.covenantseminary.edu.
- Type in one of the following formats to reference your user account:
- Email Address (ex: John.Calvin123@covenantseminary.edu)
- Username (ex: John.Calvin123)
- Legacy Username (ex: CalvinJ)
- Student UID (ex: 123456)
- Click Submit Reset Request.
This will send a password reset request to the personal email address that is on file with the institution. If you do not have a personal email on file with the institution or if it is out of date, please contact IT Services by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org to have this information updated.
Check your personal email
- A message will appear notifying you of the email address to which the password reset request has been sent. The display of this email address is partially masked.
- Check your email for the password reset request.
- As the instructions state in the email:
- To complete a password reset, click the Reset my password button.
- The password reset request will only be available for 24 hours before a new request must be submitted.
- If you did not initiate a password reset request, simply ignore the email and your account password will be safe.
Choose a new password
- From the password reset request email, clicking the Reset my password button will open a new window which allows you to complete your password reset request.
- Type a new password in the New password box.
- Confirm the new password by typing it again in the Confirm password box.
- If you need assistance confirming the accuracy of your password, you may toggle the visibility of your password by clicking on the icon.
- Refer to the Password policy and requirements to choose a secure password. The institutional password policy is also at the bottom of the Reset your password page.
- Once you have chosen a new password and confirmed it, click Submit password reset.
Confirm the password reset
- Once you've submitted a new password, you will be notified of the success or failure of the reset.
- Please allow up to 15 minutes for your password change to sync across all institutional systems.
Common errors or problems
Below are a list of common error messages or problems that the user may encounter.
You cannot reset this user account's password because it has been disabled. If you believe this to be in error, please contact IT Services.
It is impossible to reset the password of a disabled user account. Refer to our User account retention policy for information as to why your user account may be disabled. If the account disable was in error, you will need to contact IT Services by emailing email@example.com.
That username or email address was not found.
The account you attempted to reset the password for does not exist. Verify that you have the correct spelling. For assistance, contact IT Services by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
There is not a personal email address for this account. Please contact IT Services.
To reset your password, we require a personal (non "@covenantseminary.edu") email address. To update your user account information, contact IT Services by emailing email@example.com and we will assist you.
Your token has expired!
It has been longer than 24 hours since you requested a password reset. For your security, the token has expired. You will need to submit a new password reset request.
Reset requests are only available for 24 hours after they have been requested. You will need to submit a new password reset request by visiting https://password.covenantseminary.edu.
Something went wrong!
Your reset token does not match our records. You will need to submit a new password reset request.
There is some issue with the reset token you are attempting to use to reset your password. You will need to submit a new password reset request by visiting https://password.covenantseminary.edu.
This password does not meet our password requirements!
You have not chosen a password that meets our password policy requirements.