- This line was added.
- This line was removed.
- Formatting was changed.
With the recent events regarding the Covid-19 pandemic we are looking at utilizing all the tools we have available to work remotely. We would like you all to remain as efficient working remotely while also maintaining convenience in your productivity.
Our department will be implementing the following to help better serve our Community. Beginning 23Mar20, ITS will be helping people in a virtual or remote fashion as much as possible. We are implementing these measures as our 3 P’s (Prevention, Precaution, Preparedness) to ensure continuity of ITS service during this unique time so we can serve our Staff, Faculty and Students better.
ITS department Changes:
- Please call, email or IM the support staff if any technical support is needed. Personnel entering our department will be made by appointment only.
- Computer support will be conducted virtually over the phone and remote desktop login… Direct contact will be very limited.
- In the event of direct in person support is absolutely necessary, ITS staff will be practicing a 6ft radius distance from other personnel, as indicated by CDC and government.
- ITS services will be practicing prevention by washing hands and wiping down any equipment or computers they touch.
- Computer Drop-Off Table has been setup in the front of the counseling office. Please drop off and pickup computers at this location. (Computers will be wiped with disinfectant before and after any maintenance)
You can also find many links and info on https://mycts.covenantseminary.edu/
VPN (Virtual Private Network)
Accessing voicemail remotely
Forward desk phone # to a cellular phone
One of the new technologies we have and rolling out is Microsoft Teams. This tool provides instant messenger and video chat/conference for employees. In addition, it is free and available to all our Staff, Faculty and Students. This is a cloud based service and can be used anywhere in the world that has internet access.
Please download and install at your convenience. This will help us all stay in contact to work and collaborate together.
When signing in to Microsoft Teams, use your seminary email address and password.
Zoom (Video Conferencing)
Zoom provides video conferencing for anyone (does not need to be an employee or student of the seminary).
How licensed users access Zoom and setup for the first time:
Refer to the following article for more information: Using Zoom
If you have any questions, please reach out to IT Services: