- Created by Tim Jackson, last modified by Alissa Cline on Feb 17, 2021
You are viewing an old version of this page. View the current version.
Compare with Current View Page History
« Previous Version 10 Next »
More information coming soon!
How do my lectures get uploaded to Canvas?
For the pre-recorded lectures you’re recording with Panopto, these will automatically be recorded to either the class folder or your personal Panopto folder (it’s your choice which folder you record to; it is highly recommended that you set your recording to go into the folder for your class). Once you’ve finished a Panopto recording, you will need to link the recorded video to Canvas Modules.
Link your recording in Modules
If your video is in the class folder, please follow these instructions:
- In Canvas, go to Modules and find the appropriate week.
- Refresh the page (it’s important to do this BEFORE every video that you post, due to a glitch with Canvas).
- Click the gray +, at the top of the module for the week.
- Click on Assignment (it’s a drop down menu) and choose External Tool.
- Scroll down a bit to choose Panopto Video.
- Your video should appear on the screen. Click the circle next to the video, scroll down, and click Insert.
- Under Page Name, change the name to whatever you want the title of the video to be.
- Click Add Item.
- Click the circle next to the link that appears to publish the video so that students can see it.
If your video is in your personal folder, please follow these instructions:
- In Canvas, click on Panopto Video.
- In the upper right corner, click the arrow pointing to the upper right (if you hover over it, you will see the words “Open in Panopto”).
- Click Browse on the lefthand side.
- Find your personal folder (you may have to start typing your last name in the search bar and press enter in order to find it).
- Find the video that you want to post. Click on Settings for that particular video (it will be to the right of the video thumbnail).
- Find Folder, and to the right, on that same line, click Edit.
- Click the Dropdown menu, find the class folder, and click Save. This will move your video to the class folder, which will enable students to see it.
- Begin the class folder instructions above at #1.
If you encounter issues...
Email Alissa to let her know that your video is finished, and she can link it in Modules for you.
How do I use Panopto?
Some general resources can be found on Canvas at this link: https://covenantseminary.instructure.com/courses/752 (if you cannot access this page, please let Alissa know, and she can add you to this Canvas site that contains Panopto resources).
How do I add a disclaimer statement to my videos?
- Go to your class in Canvas (for instructions on how to access Canvas, please see How do I access Canvas?).
- Click on Panopto Video.
- Click the arrow-in-a-box to Open in Panopto.
- Go to the folder where your video is located (to find this folder, you may need to click Browse on the lefthand side).
- Hover your mouse under the video title, and click Edit.
- When the video page opens, click Details in the upper right corner (sometimes it will be below the small video that appears in the upper right corner).
- Copy and paste the following words in the box under Description: "Distribution of this material is prohibited without the express written consent of Covenant Theological Seminary." (Please feel free to add to this–for example, you may want to add "and the instructor" at the end–but otherwise, please do not modify this statement.)
- Click with your mouse outside the box once you have pasted the words in.
- To check whether the statement has saved successfully (there is no save button), click out of the tab containing the video (there should still be a tab with Panopto open). Click on Refresh toward the top of that page. If the statement shows up under the video title, that means it saved successfully! If not, please try again, starting with step 5 above.
- No labels